Windsurfing competition most challenging ever got the green light this year.
After three years of waiting, the Red Bull Storm Chase 2019 hit Ireland with high waves and wind gusts up to 115 km/h: only the best windsurfers in the world were nominated to participate in this contest.
During a waiting period of 36 months, ten of the best windsurfers in the world have waited patiently to capture three of the biggest storms on oceans worldwide to determine who was the best.
Here's a summary of what happened in this video official summary:
Took home the trophy the Australian Jaeger Stone, who sailed in the coldest conditions of his life. “It was absolutely insane compete under these conditions”, He said the 28-year-old. “It was ballistically, massive and frosty.”
• The hardest in the world windsurfing competition
• The waiting period goes from 20/10/2018 to the 15/03/19 with the holiday break 10.12.18 to the 06.01.19
• Riders are judged on jump, wave riding and running rigging
• Four riders have qualified since last event; another four will be selected from a pool of ten athletes in the days leading up to the event
• Fans (and riders) may propose the spots
• The event is confirmed only 72 hours before the competition
Riders: Adam Lewis, Jaeger Stone, Thomas Traversa, Dany Bruch, Robby Swift, Philip Köster, Leon Jamaer, Ricardo Campello
Spot & Security: for mobile and reactive nature of the race the spot is still unknown. However priority will be given to sites that offer:
a likely combination of strength 10 of wind and waves;
proximity to an international airport,
adequate medical coverage and emergency services,
an absolute guarantee of adequate access to water.
During the time these conditions are more likely to form in the northern hemisphere.
Comprehensive security crews composed of medical professionals and sports will be on site to assist in emergencies.
More info on www.redbullstormchase.com
photo: John Carter/Red Bull Content Pool, Sebastian Marko/Red Bull Content Pool, Joerg Mitter / Red Bull Content Pool
Traduzione automatica effettuata da Google
To report news, reports, suggestions and / or to contact the editors send an email to: email@example.com